"If you want to make God laugh...tell him your FUTURE PLANS"


Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

1 crore of Understanding to the Indian team!

I love cricket and drive my throat to ‘soredom’ as I watch India win and I sulk and abuse when India looses.

I was at Wadala when the match on Monday began, atleast couple of hours away from my home in Borivali. It was 5.20 when I left for home, the toss had happebed and India was going to Bat. I ran to Dadar station, took a Borivali fast, ran from Borivali station to my home which is atleast a kilometer and half away…I finally reached with 6 overs left of the Indian batting!

I jumped like ‘Flubber’ when India won and am still glowing with their success…but what’s with the money???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is money the only way of showing one’s appreciation? Lakhs…crores…millions of dollars…cars…without all this wont we be able to tell the boys that they did a good job and we are proud of them?

Is this how materialistic we have become? If I cannot pay anything to the men in blue does that mean that their victory is of less importance to me?

Its all not the case wherein we have taken all the concerned areas and now have enough surplus money to splurge. We are a huge country with lots of people and almost everyone at a certain age wants to be a cricketer. There are academies that can be opened, Fitness regimens and diet plans that can do good to the current crop of players. I’m sorry to be a blooper but we are not the world’s best team despite of winning the world cup.

And more so-
I’m sure the players would like and benefit more if we show a little understanding rather than this money distribution spree. Can we be patient with them if they loose two matches on the trot against Australia? Will the media control itself from coming up with swashbuckling slogans like- “Sher bane Billi”. “The fall of the Titans” or “Dhul gayee Dhoni ke Sena” aur worst…Faida liya hamare pyaar ka!! The players have not asked for what they are being given. They are just happy to win but they are certainly not happy with the pressure that comes along with this enforced love…this suffocating affection!

One could count the number of times Dhoni smiled throughout Wednesday and I’m sure somewhere in the back of his mind was lingering this feeling that this love might over night turn into mad hate frenzy!

So I, as a fan or fanatic of the game give the Indian team 1 crore worth of understanding. I’ll be patient with your loses provided you promise that you’ll give your 100% and nothing less.

Because you know what guys…after all…it’s a game…a sport!!!

2 comments:

Chaitali said...

completely true...add another crore of understanding frm me too!

Unknown said...

chaitu
DONE!!:)