"If you want to make God laugh...tell him your FUTURE PLANS"


Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

The ‘RS’ tree.

My visual of wisdom and knowledge being distributed amongst eager and raw minds is that of a large banyan tree located in the corner of a village where the inhabitance of disturbances are less and far between. Below this tree are a bunch of hungry looking faces, excited to discover the unknown and proud to have acquired that vital tool called ‘information’. This information is imparted to them by a learned soul who has only one satisfaction from the above exercise and that is to share all that he has and see his listeners grow.
Having lived all my life in the man-made mess called a city and having no roots in any village whatsoever I was content to have satisfied myself with the banyan tree visuals and experiences from related fiction. However, something’s happened now.
I’ve found my Banyan Tree…located right here in the busted city of Mumbai, somewhere in Andheri is this tree where you find my eager face reflecting the same amount of excitement and pride at having acquired something new as I sit staring at ‘ The RS tree’. Yes…that’s what it’ll be called here from now on, as I’ll share all my notes that I gather and absorb from the ‘RS tree’.
Last evening I had a long sitting before the RS tree and amongst many things that I was exposed to was an observation which the tree loudly exclaimed in a tone that echoed of hurt, acceptance and a desire somewhere deep within to wake people to this fact which was –‘We the creatures of Nature have started taking ourselves so seriously that we have genuinely started believing that we are contolling things and in the process- “We (human beings) have forgotten to live with Nature!”…… and that will be the title for my next post.
Until then if you don’t find me anywhere you know where to look…by the RS tree

2 comments:

Nash said...

As a molecular biologist, the fact that humans are no different from other animals is blatantly obvious to me. Perhaps we are different in one sense, in having an almost limitless capacity to delude ourselves.

It reminds me of an extract of the 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy ', :

"For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons."

That was 50 years, and that brilliant authour Douglas Adams is no more, but boy did he nail it.

Chaitali said...

thts the first time i didnt understand wat the blog was abt :( cud u elaborate a little more on wats the RS Tree? waise a lot of my new blogs r missing ur comments :)